A Step-By-Step Guide
To Creating Your Own Fundraiser
For the past few years the Himalayan Institute’s Global Humanitarian Team has launched large scale Peer-2-Peer fundraisers to support the mission of our work. Himalayan Institute (HI) community members around the world have taken action by creating personal campaigns, mobilizing friends and family, and fundraising to fight poverty. The collective power of these personal campaigns strengthens our HI community, expands our network, and provides the energy and resources that allow our global projects to continue thriving year after year.
This year, with our brand new website, creating a personal fundraising campaign is easier than ever! Let us show you how it works.
- Go to humanitarian.himalayaninstitute.org, and click “Create Campaign” on the top banner.
- Register for an account by entering your email address, a username, and a password.
- Fill in the categories with a (*) (Other categories optional) and click “Create Campaign.”
- Fill in categories with a (*). If a category has an existing description, then you may edit. If you do not choose to edit, then the existing description will appear on your campaign page. (descriptions may always be edited at a later date.)
- Use the campaign description provided or create your own.
- Create suggested donation amounts for your supporters, or use the default suggested amounts of $50, $108, $500, and $1000.
- Fill in categories with a (*). (Other categories optional)
- You may upload a personal profile picture of your choice (But not required). Then click “Save Draft & Preview” to view how your campaign website will look.
- Your draft should look like this. When you are satisfied with the content, click “Finish Editing & Submit.” Congratulations! You will have created your very own fundraiser! 🙂